Which Dumpster Size Is Right For You?
When renting a dumpster, there is no such thing as a one-size-fits-all solution. The type of garbage, the quantity of trash, rental weight of the debris, and your budget all play a role in determining which container size is suitable for particular waste removal project. The following information on dumpster sizes might assist you in making an informed decision regarding the renting of a dumpster.
The Common Size Dumpsters
Before deciding on a size, one need to be aware of the many alternatives. Rental dumpsters come in 4 sizes: 10 to 40 yards in length. The capacity they can hold is expressed in cubic yards, and is the standard unit of measurement. All the sizes of dumpsters available at Virginia Beach Dumpster Rental HQ (in feet) are shown below.
An 11.5-by-8-by-4-foot 10-yard container (L x W x H)
Container dimensions for a 20-yard job are 22 inches by 8 inches by four inches (L x W x H)
An 8-by-6-by-22-foot 30 yard container (L x W x H)
The following dimensions apply to a 40-yard container: 22″ x 8″ x 8″ (L x W x H)
Don’t worry if you don’t know how often cubic yards of garbage your product will produce. We’ve compiled a list of some of the most frequent uses for every dumpster size, which you can find listed below.
Your Project’s Roll Off Dumpster Size
The amount and type of rubbish generated by your home improvement project will have a direct impact on the size of the dumpster you need. Because of their uniform size and shape, roof shingles, for example, can fit much more garbage into a container. You might want a larger dumpster, though, if your job produces a lot of heavy material, like concrete. Find out what size dumpster you’ll need for your specific job by using the information provided below:
10 Yard Dumpster
Smaller tasks that generate less waste than usual are more likely to necessitate the utilisation of our 10-yard dumpster. Our 10-yard dumpster could hold approximately three truckloads of waste. Our clients frequently are using a 10-yard dumpster again for following purposes:
- Spring cleaning and general housecleaning
- Cleaning up the attic, the basement, or any other part of the house
- Renovating a small space, such as a kitchen or bathroom,
- Removal of dirt and concrete
- Smaller decks can be removed in this manner (250 square feet)
- shingle removal from a single layer of the roof (1,500 square feet)
- Cleanup in the garden
The 20-Yard Dumpster
Our 20-yard dumpster is among the most popular sizes we offer for rent. This is due to the fact that they can carry a lot of trash and are cheaper than larger dumpsters. It is estimated that a 20-yard dumpster can store the equivalent of six truckloads of trash or waste. These are some of the most common applications of our 20-yard dumpster:
- Cleanouts of larger basements, garages, and attics
- Removal of flooring and carpeting from larger home
- Removal of a larger portion of the deck (300 – 400 sq.ft
- The removal of a larger portion of the roof shingles (2,500 to- 3,000 sq.ft)
- Renovations on a larger scale (ex: bedroom remodels)
- Landscaping projects of a large scale
Dumpster 30 Yards In Size
The majority of our 30-yard dumpster customers are renovating or building a new house and need a large waste disposal solution. Approximately 9 truckloads of rubbish and debris can fit in our 30-yard dumpsters. This is a popular dumpster size for the following tasks:
A substantial remodelling job, such as a new addition to a home
- The construction of a new dwelling.
- Demolition of a garage
- Removing the pool
- Cleaning up after oneself in the entire house
- Larger-than-400-square-foot-deck removals
Dumpsters With A Capacity Of 40 Cubic Yards
There are 40-yard dumpsters in our fleet. This dumpster’s capacity is equivalent to around 12 pickup truck loads of rubbish, so only use it if you have a lot of waste. A lot of people rent it out for business purposes. The following are some more popular uses for this size:
- Roofing for a commercial building
- Demolition of a home or business
- Excavation and landscaping for business purposes
- Large-scale cleanup initiatives for water and fire damage
- A major overhaul of the interior
- Repairs and replacements of the roof
- Involvement in neighbourhood clean-ups.